So I’ve been trying to clear up the mastitis and clogged milk ducts since Sunday. So far only my fever has gone away. My milk is still WAY clogged. I get 5-7 oz on the left and only 2 oz on the right. I have tried everything!
- Warm, wet compresses
- Cabbage leaves in my bra (I felt like a walking salad … afraid of being attached by hungry rabbits)
- Taking Lecithin supplements (have no idea what it is but the lactation specialist recommended it)
- Upgrading my pump to the hospital brand
- Pumping more frequently
Nothing is working!!! So I’ve come up with a few remedies of my own.
- She-ot-zoo massage
- One of those ultrasonic things they use to break up kidney stones
- Boobie Drain-o – Just start an IV and let it run!
Anyone else have any ideas for a fix? I’m getting all flustered. It was working out so well and now I’m all bent out of shape that I might be going down the same path I did with Jaden. For now I’ll just keep praying to the TaTa Gods. I wonder if they take offerings or bribes …