Happy New Year to all of our family and friends! While I don’t think we’ll be able to top 2010 … here’s to another blessed year.
We spent New Year’s Eve at my parent’s annual party – complete with food, games and a white elephant raffle! Doug and I made it to the finals in the pool tourney! Not really sure how that happened … oh wait I do, the other team shot in the 8 ball – we got there with no skill of our own! ha Needless to say, we came in 2nd 🙂
Even the triplets were party animals! I have to admit that I was laughing all by myself dressing up the babies. I had a little baby party all by myself, snapping off pictures.
January 1st gets everyone thinking about what they’d like to improve for the new year. But let’s be honest, I’m just trying to keep my head above water let alone try and improve something right now. So rather than creating a resolution for 2011, I’m going to make a list of things I’d like to accomplish. I’m keeping them simple to make sure they are something I could honestly obtain while raising triplets and a four year old.
- Make a Mommy Friend – Being a stay-at-home mom, I’m going to have to make an effort to be social now. I get restless if I stay indoors for too long, so it shouldn’t be too hard to make play dates. When I was working, all I had to do was walk over to someone’s cube for a little convo. Now, a little bit more effort is needed. My goal is to make a new mommy friend this year. Someone who is in the same place in life as me and who can relate to being a new stay-at-home mama. Ideally, I’d like someone who I can have play dates with – bring on the kidos!
- Keep Blogging – I’ve become fond of my blogging time and love that I can turn these crazy postings into a book for when the boys are grown. Knowing that the year is only going to get crazier, I want to make sure I still take time to blog and post photos. I’d also like to find new ways to get new readers. I have just been posting a link to facebook and sharing by word of mouth. Today I found a site called “Top Mommy Blogs.” This site ranks other mom blogs like this one based on votes (reader clicks). I’ve added a link to the right for readers to vote for me! Come back and click on the link daily and my ranking goes up!
- So fresh and so clean – I’m talking good old water and soap. Sounds small … but it’s a big deal! With Jaden I could go a few days without showering because I’d rather be sleeping than anything else. I’ve made it my goal to shower and get dressed everyday. It makes me feel better. For whatever reason, a pair of jeans makes me feel like a real person rather than being a mom in sweats all the time.
- Jaden’s Activity of Choice – I’d like to get Jaden into at least one class this summer and make this Mommy thing real! I’ve never been able to do that with being a working mom. Practice is always in the middle of the day and our weekends were precious, as it was our only time home. I’m thinking he’d like T-Ball or maybe swimming. It’s a goal of mine because I know it’d be SO much easier to just stay at home than pack up the kids and head off to a class or sport once a week.
- The Great Outdoors – I’m sort of a shut in. I have barely met my neighbors because I’m always inside, even in the summer. I’m going to make a point to spend more time outside. Wether it’s dipping my feet in the kiddy pool, pushing Jaden on a swing or trying out my green thumb, I want to be outside more. I’m thinking it’ll be good for the kids too – and my MILF tan wink wink although I’m going to pass on the two piece…
So those are a few of my 2011 to-dos. Achievable and enjoyable. Although I’m not sure I could accomplish more in 2011 than I did in 2010 … creating three little lives is a lot to live up to!